Raw materials for making rabbit feed
The feed sources for rabbits are wide, with many types and abundant resources. The following are commonly used:
(1) Green feed is the favorite feed for rabbits, it is rich in protein, vitamins and minerals. Such as various pastures, weeds, wild vegetables, leaves and green crops, vegetable leaves, etc.
(2) Juicy feed refers to the roots, tubers and melons of crops. This type of feed has high moisture content, less crude fiber, is crunchy and juicy, and is generally fed in winter when it is lack of green. Mainly include carrots, pumpkins, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and beets for feed.
(3) Coarse fodder includes crop stalks, husks and dried vegetables. This type of feed contains more crude fiber, accounting for more than 30%, and has less digestible nutrients, but it can fill the gastrointestinal and enhance gastrointestinal motility. It is the main source of feed for rabbits in winter. There are mainly green hay, various crop stalks, dried leaves, peanut seedlings, sweet potato seedlings and so on.
(4) Concentrated feed This is a type of feed with small size and high nutritional value, including the seeds of various crops and by-products after processing. It is divided into energy feed (such as corn, bran, etc.) and protein feed (such as soybeans, peas, soybean cake, peanut cake, etc.), which are characterized by less crude fiber and more digestible nutrients.
(5) Animal feed This type of feed is mainly derived from animals and processed by-products. It has high nutritional value, high protein content, and complete amino acids. It has a good effect on the growth and reproduction of rabbits and the growth of rabbit hair. Mainly include fish meal, bone and meat meal, silkworm pupa meal, blood meal, milk, goat milk and so on.
(6) Mineral feed refers to a type of inorganic feed rich in calcium, phosphorus, sodium, chlorine and other elements, such as salt, stone powder, shell powder, bone meal, eggshell powder and mineral additives. Specifically, it is divided into macro mineral additives (such as calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, sulfur, chlorine, magnesium, iron, etc.) and trace mineral additives (cobalt, copper, zinc, iodine, selenium, manganese, molybdenum, etc.).
【Related info about rabbit feed】Get The Quotation and Video.