How to thoroughly purify and disinfect the poultry drinking water system?
Good drinking water hygiene requires a complete cleaning and disinfection procedure for the drinking water system. The structure of the waterline is diverse, and their status is constantly changing, which will bring challenges to the sanitation of the waterline. However, we can use daily water quality information and correct cleaning and disinfection methods to resolve these problems. Follow the guidelines below and your poultry will have a first-class drinking water supply.
The first step: analyze the water quality.
Analyze the mineral content of fouling (calcium, magnesium and manganese). If the water contains more than 90ppm of calcium and magnesium, or contains more than 0.05ppm of manganese, more than 0.3ppm of calcium and more than 0.5ppm of magnesium, then you must include a descaling agent or a certain cleaning agent into your cleaning and disinfection program. The product will dissolve mineral deposits in the waterline and its accessories.
Step 2: Choose a cleaning and disinfectant.
Choose a cleaning and disinfectant that can effectively dissolve the biofilm or mucus in the waterline. The best product with this function is the composite hydrogen peroxide solution. Before using high-concentration cleaning and disinfecting agents, please make sure that the exhaust pipe is working properly to release the gas accumulated in the pipeline; in addition, please consult the equipment supplier to avoid unnecessary losses.
Step 3: Configure cleaning and disinfection solution.
For best results, please use the upper limit recommended on the detergent label. Most dosing devices can only dilute the original liquid to 0.8-1.6%. If you must use a higher concentration, then prepare a cleaning and disinfection solution in a large water tank, and then directly fill the water line without going through the dosing device. For example, if you want to prepare a 3% solution, add 3 parts of the original drug solution to 97 parts of water. The best cleaning and disinfecting solution can be hydrogen peroxide solution.
Step 4: Clean and disinfect the water line.
It takes about 30-38 liters of cleaning and disinfecting solution to infuse a water line 30 meters long and 20 mm in diameter. If a 150-meter-long chicken house has two water lines, you must prepare at least 380 liters of disinfectant. The end of the water line should be provided with a drain, so that the drain can be opened after it is completely cleaned and the cleaning and disinfection solution can be completely discharged. Please follow the steps below to clean and disinfect the water line:
1. Open the water line and completely drain the water in the pipeline.
2. Fill the water line with a cleaning and disinfecting solution.
3. Observe whether the solution flowing from the drain has the characteristics of a disinfectant solution, such as foam.
4. Once the water line is full of the cleaning and disinfecting solution, please close the valve; according to the drug manufacturer's recommendation, keep the disinfectant in the pipeline for more than 24 hours.
5. After keeping for a period of time, rinse the water line. The flushing water should contain disinfectant and the concentration is the same as that in the daily drinking water of poultry.
6. After the water line is cleaned, disinfected and rinsed, the incoming water source must be fresh and must be purified (the concentration at the farthest point from the water source is 3-5ppm). If checked with a redox potentiometer, the reading should be at least 650.
7. During the empty house, the pipeline from the well to the chicken house should also be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. It is best not to use water from the pipeline outside the house to flush the pipeline inside the house. Please connect the water pipe to the cannula of the dosing device to back flush the pipeline outside the house.
Step 5: Remove scale.
After the water line is cleaned and disinfected, the scale can be removed with a descaling agent. Hydrogen peroxide is a product that has a descaling effect. When using descaling agents, follow the manufacturer's recommendations.
Step 6: Keep the water line clean.
After the water line is cleaned and disinfected, it is very important to keep the water line clean. You should develop a good daily disinfection procedure for poultry. The ideal waterline disinfection procedure should include adding disinfectant and acidulant. Please note that this procedure requires two dosers because the acid and bleach cannot be mixed together when preparing the concentrate. If there is only one dosing device, please add 40 grams of 5% bleach concentrate to the drinking water, the dilution ratio is 7.5 grams of concentrate: 1 liter.
1. Please do not use acidulant as the only method of water treatment, because using acidulant alone can cause bacteria and fungi to grow and proliferate in the waterline.
2. More and more people are using the water-free-stable composite hydrogen peroxide solution as a drinking water disinfectant. There will be no residue. It is a very effective disinfectant and waterline cleaner, and it will not damage the waterline.
3. When using other drugs or vaccines for poultry, stop adding disinfectants to drinking water. Disinfectants can inactivate vaccines and reduce the effectiveness of some drugs. After administration or immunization, disinfectants should be used in drinking water.
4. The sanitation of the water line must meet the requirements of local regulations, please consult the local authority. Always follow the guidelines of the equipment and drug manufacturers.
What is the quality standard of poultry drinking water?
Good water quality is an important guarantee for the quality of high-quality and safe poultry products. Poultry drinking water should be pollution-free and must meet human drinking water standards. The water source can be large, flowing surface water or treated ground water with lower hardness. If conditions permit, tap water can be used directly. If there is no tap water, pollution-free deep well water should be used.
If you have the following questions, welcome to consult Richi Machinery:Get The Quotation and Video.