How to use five types of feed to make livestock and poultry grow fast and well?
1. Natural pasture. There are mainly Gramineae, Leguminosae, Compositae, Cyperaceae, Chenopodiaceae, etc. It is more appropriate to harvest forages during booting, budding, and first flowers, because the forages are in a period of vigorous growth, young and juicy, and high in protein content, which can reach more than 15% based on dry matter. Such forage grass is tender, contains less crude fiber and lignin, has good palatability, is easy to digest, and has high nutritional value. It contains a variety of vitamins, phosphorus and calcium, and the yield of grass is also high. Especially natural forage grass has fast lignification and decreased digestibility. The older the forage grass is, although the grass yield is large, the vitamin content is low.
2. Leafy vegetable feed. The leaves of melons, fruits and beans discarded by human beings are many types, sources, and large in quantity. They are a kind of green fodder that deserves attention, especially the leaves of beans have high nutritional value and high protein content. The vines and seedlings of crops generally have high crude fiber content and are not suitable for feeding chickens. They can be used as feed for pigs and ruminants. Such as cabbage, cabbage, spinach, etc., these leafy vegetable feeds can be fed to geese, chickens, etc. after chopped or beaten. Due to the high water content of leafy vegetable feeds, the amount of feed should not be too large, generally about 10%.
3. Aquatic feed. Including fresh water and seawater green fodder, feeding aquatic fodder, must be dewormed regularly to avoid parasite transmission. There are mainly water lotus, water hyacinth, water peanut and green moss. Water lotus and water hyacinth have high yield (375,000~750000 kg/ha water surface), fresh texture, good palatability, rich nutrition, easy to digest, chopped beating or silage to feed geese and other poultry. Water peanut has fast reproduction and high yield (375,000 kg/ha water surface). It is colder than water lotus and water hyacinth. The feeding method is the same as that of water lotus.
4. Leaf green fodder. The branches, leaves, seedlings, fruits, skins of forest trees and shrubs that grow in forests, river valleys, ridges and other places can be collected from silage or crushed and processed into feed. Mulberry leaves, locust leaves, and elm leaves have good palatability. Most of the leaves such as pine leaves, poplar leaves, and locust leaves contain a lot of protein and various vitamins. It is very effective to feed livestock and poultry when mixed with other feeds.
5. Non-starchy root tubers and melon feed. The above-ground stems and leaves of tubers, tubers, melons and cultivated sorrel, root vegetables, forage cabbage, etc., are fresh and juicy, with good palatability, and are good green feed for pigs, chickens and other livestock. Their common characteristics are low crude fiber content, high nitrogen-free extract content, sweetness, high carotene content, and lactation effect. Feeding lactating livestock can increase lactation, such as carrots and pumpkins. A certain amount of feeding should be controlled during feeding to prevent diarrhea; moldy and rotten can not be used to prevent nitrite poisoning.
[More info about poultry livestock feed formula]Get The Quotation and Video.