Raw materials and nutritional standards for egg laying chicken feed
The goals pursued by layer feed quality are long egg production peak period, high egg production rate, good egg quality, and good feed digestion and utilization, which can improve the feeding environment of layer farms and increase the economic and social benefits of layer feeding. How to achieve the above goals, how to choose raw materials, and how to formulate nutrition standards are all very important.
1. Selection of raw materials:
(1) Scientific formulas must be protected by high-quality raw materials before they can be transformed into high-quality feed products. Farmers mostly buy raw materials from local distributors or directly purchase market raw materials. Due to unstable sources and large variations in batch quality, each batch of raw materials should be sampled for testing and quality evaluation.
(2) A reasonable inventory should be made of high-quality raw materials, and the warehouse should be kept ventilated and cool. All feed materials must be used up within the shelf life to ensure the stability of each batch of feed raw materials.
(3) The feed ingredients follow the first-in-first-out principle, and try to achieve zero inventory of finished products.
(4) Take appropriate anti-mold measures for raw materials.
2. The formulation of nutrition standards:
(1) Nutrition standards formulated according to the breeds of laying hens
The basic nutritional standards of laying hens of different qualities and body types are quite different. Therefore, when formulating a large-scale laying hen farm, you must fully understand the nutritional standards of the laying hen breeds you raise. General breeding companies provide their Supply of laying hens breeding standards and management points.
(2) Formulate nutrition standards according to the feeding stage of laying hens
Different stages of laying hens have different breeding purposes, and their nutritional requirements are different, so formula design should be carried out in strict accordance with the nutritional standards of each stage to meet the corresponding needs of each growth stage of the laying hens.
(3) Formulate nutritional standards based on the daily feed intake of layers
The feed intake of the laying hens directly determines the nutritional standards of the laying hens, and the daily intake of various nutrients must meet the growth and production needs of the corresponding laying hens.
(4) Adjust and formulate standards according to changes in the breeding environment
In the case of changes in the breeding environment (excessive ammonia gas concentration, heat and cold stress, transfer stress, disease prevention stress, etc.), the standard formulation should consider the nutritional stress compensation needs, so the standard formulation process should Increase the nutritional standards accordingly.
(5) Formulate nutrition standards according to the breeding mode
The nutrient requirements of breeding density, cage or flat rearing, and free-range laying hens are quite different, so the corresponding nutritional standards should be determined according to the breeding mode.
[More info about layer chicken feed and breeding]