Intensified feeding and management of red rooster breeding in autumn and winter
1. Combination of heat preservation and ventilation
The climate gets colder in autumn and winter, and the temperature in the house is very different from the outside temperature. It is necessary to ventilate and maintain the temperature in the house. This is the main problem to be solved in winter. At the same time of ventilation, be careful not to cause the temperature in the house to rise and fall. Take care to prevent diseases caused by stress response due to excessive temperature difference.
When the temperature drops sharply and the cold protection and heat preservation work cannot keep up, it is easy to cause the broilers to experience wind chill. Respiratory diseases characterized by symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, and difficulty breathing occur.
The chicken coop must be well maintained to prevent thieves and draughts from invading the chicken flocks. Cockerels raised on flat ground should be thickened with litter and use litter to increase indoor temperature. Change the bedding frequently and open windows for ventilation at noon.
2. Beware of the accumulation of ammonia
In autumn and winter, often the feces and wet litter excreted by the chickens are not cleared in time, resulting in the accumulation of ammonia in the chicken house and the increase in concentration, leading to ammonia poisoning in broilers or other diseases. Due to the accumulation of ammonia in the house, the relative lack of oxygen, and the cold weather, the chicken's metabolic rate increases.
For fast-growing broilers, it is easy to cause ascites syndrome. In order to prevent the adverse effects of ammonia on chickens, it is recommended that the chicken farms (households) do the following feeding and management tasks: the laying of litter should have a certain thickness, generally above 5 cm; during operation, minimize sprinkling to prevent water leakage in the sink , Wet the litter; if the humidity in the chicken house is too high, remove the feces and wet litter in the house in time. In addition, ammonia absorption deodorants can be used to reduce the concentration of ammonia in the chicken house. Commonly used are ferrous sulfate, perphosphoric acid, copper sulfate, slaked lime and the like.
3. Strengthen feeding management
(1) Scientifically manage new arrivals. Strictly scour, disinfect and fumigate the nestling house before entering the chicks. Wash utensils, clothes, and premises thoroughly. Due to the needs of the physiological characteristics of broiler chicks, after entering the house, drink water first and then start eating, especially for long-distance chickens, which can replenish the water lost by the body in time. For chickens that are unwilling to move, artificial bombardment and forced feeding measures should be adopted, but attention should be paid to the movement to be light, not to cause squeezing to death. The lighting time should be shortened, not extended, and the position, time and intensity of the light source should not be changed at will.
(2) Clever mix of feed nutrition. Due to the low temperature in autumn and winter, the calorie consumption of broilers is relatively large. When preparing the diet, the standard of metabolizable energy in the feed can be appropriately increased, while the proportion of protein in the feed should be appropriately reduced. At the same time, special attention should be paid to the content of vitamins in the diet to meet its requirements need. The chicken feed should be mixed and fed to prevent freezing. If possible, you can feed hot material and drink warm water.
The raw grain of the feed must be free of mildew and impurities to prevent respiratory diseases. Do not use excessive salt in the diet to prevent drinking too much water, which may cause high water content or diarrhea in chicken manure. In addition, the fat content of the feed should not be too high, otherwise it will make the feces sticky and easy to compact when falling on the litter. The protein in the diet should be added in an appropriate amount, too much is not easy to digest, if fed too much bean cake, easy to diarrhea, wet bedding is harmful.
4. Prevent the spread of disease
When chickens have weaker physique and lower resistance, some diseases can also be complicated by respiratory diseases. Therefore, while improving the body's resistance, we must do a good job in the prevention and treatment of related diseases. Those who have vaccination should strictly follow the immunization procedures for vaccination. Usually use some preventive drugs. Disinfect the chicken coop regularly.
The empty chicken coop should be disinfected by formalin fumigation, and spray disinfection with high-efficiency non-toxic disinfectant should be used during the breeding period. The chickens are regularly disinfected, usually by spraying disinfection and drinking water disinfection. After the broiler develops respiratory disease, it is necessary to find a veterinarian for diagnosis and prescribe the right medicine.
[More info about chicken feed and breeding]
（1）how to make pellet feed for chicken?
（2）machine for making chicken feeds
（3）factory price corn grinder crusher for chicken
（4）equipment needed to make chicken feeds
（6）feed mill equipment for chicken and pigs
（7）best chicken feed mixing machine
（8）chicken pellet making machine with CE
（9）machine for making feed for chicken or cattle how it is done
If you want to built one complete pellet production line in your country, pls send the inquiry to us. We will customized design according to your requirement.