How to breed laying hens in autumn and winter?
Laying hens refer to chickens that are raised to lay eggs to supply eggs. Unlike broiler chickens, the main issue of people raising laying hens is to improve the quality of eggs and maintain or increase egg production, not to improve chicken quality. Eggs are the main source of income for raising laying hens. The technology of laying hen breeding is becoming more and more scientific. Today I will introduce how to breed laying hens in autumn and winter.
1. Always pay attention to layer weight
Due to the high temperature in summer, the body weight, physique, immunity, antibody, etc. of the chickens have decreased. Feeding management in the autumn stage mainly increases the feed intake, and appropriately adjusts the nutritional formula according to the weight to make up for the weight loss caused in summer. The production cycle of laying hens is nearly 550 days, and the weight is always on the rise, especially the weight of 18 to 30 weeks of laying hens is in the rapid growth period. Once the weight gain is small, even if there is no weight gain or weight loss, the laying performance will definitely be improved. Decrease, which in turn causes the genetic potential of chickens to not be well utilized.
(1) During the laying period, the weight of the chicken population must be checked every two weeks, and the feeding amount should be adjusted according to the target weight of the corresponding breed of the layer. For flocks with more weightlessness, add light for 1 hour at night to increase feed intake.
(2) The sunshine time in autumn is gradually shortening. Whether the feed intake can meet the needs of brooding and growing chickens, the feeding amount and feed formula can be adjusted appropriately according to the weekly weight gain. In principle, the feed formula is adjusted according to the weight of the chicken. If the weight is not up to the standard, the original high-nutrition formula is maintained until the weight is up to the standard and the next corresponding feed formula is adjusted.
2. Pay attention to antibody levels
Chicken flocks lose nutrients after high temperature stress, and their antibodies decline rapidly. In order to keep the flocks healthy and stable, antibody testing is best. For immunosuppressive diseases such as Newcastle disease and influenza, antibody titers must be tested, and immune procedures and methods must be adjusted in time to keep the humoral and cellular immunity of the chickens in good condition. The critical protection value of antibodies for Newcastle disease and influenza H9 is about 9 titers, the range is less than or equal to 3, and the dispersion is about 10% as qualified. Do a good job of environmental sanitation before immunization to better prevent diseases, and prevent epidemics when the chickens are in the healthiest state.
3. Control the light
In autumn, the sunshine time becomes shorter. For those open chicken coops, you must pay attention to supplement the light time and light intensity. The light time and intensity stimulate the estrogen secretion of the hens, which will have a certain effect on the laying of eggs.
4. Prevent and control the occurrence of respiratory diseases
Autumn is a high incidence of respiratory diseases in chickens. Large temperature differences, poor environment, poor management, inadequate disinfection, mixed infections of multiple viral and bacterial diseases can easily induce respiratory diseases and are difficult to cure. It is recommended that you start to make improvements in the following aspects to reduce the incidence of respiratory diseases.
(1) Reduce temperature difference and reduce cold stress. In the initial ventilation, we can adopt temperature control to change the air quality of the chicken house. If the temperature difference is large at night, we can use the time period to control the fan, and do a good job of ventilation to reduce dust and harmful gases in the chicken house.
(2) Appropriate addition of Jianweisan to feed reduces intestinal diseases, increases feed digestibility, reduces undigested protein feed and shed intestinal mucosa in feces, and reduces sources of ammonia and hydrogen sulfide gas.
(3) Do a good job in the prevention of newcastle disease, influenza, rhinitis, mycoplasma and other vaccines.
(4) Combine antibody testing for general viral respiratory diseases, adjust epidemic prevention procedures, and do two immunizations for rhinitis before giving birth to produce sufficient immunity. It is best to treat frequent rhinitis with antiviral drugs (rhinitis easily causes inflammation of the sinuses and makes chickens susceptible to Newcastle disease virus).
5. Always pay attention to intestinal health
In autumn, the humidity is high, and chickens have more intestinal diseases. Adding beneficial intestinal flora to the feed can improve the intestinal environment and reduce the damage of the intestinal mucosa of pathogens, thereby improving the digestion and absorption of feed, and ultimately increasing the efficiency of breeding .
6. Other matters needing attention:
(1) Use the newly harvested corn for more than one month. This is because the new corn has a maturity period after harvest to prevent chickens from diarrhea.
(2) There are many farmers catching chicks in autumn, and attention should be paid to prevent diseases such as gastritis and mucosal pox in chicks.
[More info about laying hens feed and breeding]