Cause analysis and treatment plan of sows with little or no milk
1. Analysis of the reasons why sows have little or no milk
(1) Nutritional level and feed quality are the main factors that affect lactation, especially if a higher nutritional level is given during pregnancy, it will reduce the lactating sow's lactation; if a lower nutritional level is given, the sow will lose weight More, breast dysplasia.
(2) Generally, the lactation ability of primiparous sows is lower than that of multiparous sows. The mammary gland development of primiparous sows is not yet perfect, lack of experience in feeding piglets, stimulates the piglets to suckle, often in a state of excitement or tension, milk expression is slow, the milk production of the 2-4th litter increases, and it will maintain a certain level in the future. After -7 births, it showed a downward trend.
(3) The sow is old and weak, has poor appetite, indigestion, malnutrition, and declines in physiological functions, so there will be less milk.
(4) The sows have a stress response due to external stimuli such as high temperature, noise, forced driving, and fright, resulting in endocrine disorders, and the sows produce little or no milk.
(5) Sows suffering from mastitis can also cause little or no milk.
(6) The sow has weak resistance, and infection with Staphylococcus, Escherichia coli, Streptococcus, etc. can also cause sows to run out of milk.
2. Treatment plan
(1) [Nutrition Management]
① First find suckling sows or supplement them with milk powder to prevent sows from wasting and death.
②Do a good job of feeding and management, reduce emergency stimulation, and improve the resistance of sows.
③Adjust the formula according to the body condition, according to the nutritional requirements of the suckling sow, and reasonably mix various vitamins and mineral elements to fully meet the needs of multi-dimensional and multi-mineral in the lactation process.
④Do a good job in the sanitation management of the pigsty to reduce pathogen infection.
⑤Massage sow breasts 2-3 times a day.
⑥ Feed some high-protein feeds such as soy products to increase lactation, and add green feed to promote digestion.
(2) [Drug therapy]
① Insufficient milk and milklessness of sows are mostly caused by dysplasia of the mammary glands and endocrine disorders. Lactation is mainly regulated by the oxytocin secreted by the pituitary gland in the pituitary gland, so drugs can be used to regulate the secretion of oxytocin.
②If the breast is red and swollen, it is mostly mastitis, and anti-inflammatory drugs are needed.
③ Use some digestive drugs to regulate the intestines and stomach and promote digestion according to the digestive status of the sow.
④ If there is a bacterial infection, it needs to be treated with antibacterial drugs.
[More info about pigs]Get The Quotation and Video.