How to control the moisture content of pig feed in winter?
We can control corn moisture, extend cooling time, turn up the level indicator, or slow down the pelleting speed. If we produce 15 ton per hour pig feed with 1:4 ring die, but in order to control the water content, it can be reduced to 13 tons.
1. Firstly, we should control the moisture content of raw materials, especially the moisture content of corn. Corn with over 16.0% moisture content is not conducive to the pig feed pellet making line production process. The moisture control of semi-finished products mainly lies in the raw materials. Corn can be taken from the crushing bin to measure the moisture content and check the moisture content in the pig feed manufacturing process, which is also a good way to verify the acceptance of corn.
2. Pig feed pellet producing process:
(1)The compression ratio of ring die should be as high as possible (Do not affect palatability).
(2)Control the pig feed pelleting speed, especially the material with large aperture and large pig feed production capacity.
(3) The effect of air network. The power of fan, the effect of conveyer, and the insulation of air network.
(4)Temperature difference between environment and material, the smaller the better, the time of temperature dropping of finished product should be prolonged.
3. Pay attention to the spraying equipment and check if the spraying is normal.
4. Pay attention to the weather during the night production, strengthen the control during bad weather.
5. We had better produce pig feed with uncontrollable moisture at noon.
6. Use a modified pig feed formula if the above operation is ineffective.
7. But poor-quality pig feed processing equipment will seriously affect the pig feed production effect.
8. Reduce the conditioning temperature. Due to the temperature difference between winter and summer, if we want to reach the same temperature, we need higher steam volume in winter.
Conditioning and cooling are the key to control the moisture of pig feed pellet products.
Conditioning of pig feed pellet mill machine depends largely on the operator's experience. The amount of steam and temperature are generally controlled according to the moisture content of powder before conditioning, while the conditioning time should be controlled according to the characteristics of the physiological period of animal. The cooling effect of pig feed pellet cooler directly affects the moisture and temperature of finished product. In the pig feed mill plant production process, the cooling time and wind speed should be controlled according to the moisture content and particle size of the pellet feed in cooler.
Pig feed pellet cooling machine is the key to produce pig feed. When the moisture content of product has a problem, we should check the comprehensive moisture of raw materials first, then the cooling system, the steam quality, and the pelleting and human factors.
As a matter of fact, raw materials are determined in advance, so the source of raw materials cannot be controlled by producers. Then the moisture content of product in the production control naturally mainly lies in pelleting and cooling. We can increase 2-3% moisture of steam, reduce 2-3% moisture of cooling to achieve a proper value. Oil and water adding also play a role in assisting moisture in pig feed production.
(For powder feed, we only need to control the moisture content of raw materials, storage environment temperature and humidity of raw materials and products because there is no conditioning.)
The moisture content of pig pellet feed mainly depends on the temperature, pressure and steam saturation during conditioning. According to previous study on pelleting conditions, it seems that moisture should be between 15-16.5% when conditioning. In fact, it should be decided according to the composition of raw materials and the room temperature.
If you want to built one complete pellet production line in your country, pls send the inquiry to us. We will customized design according to your requirement.