How to disinfect pig breeding equipment?
Spring and summer are the seasons when various livestock infectious diseases are susceptible. Therefore, doing a good job in the disinfection of pig breeding equipment is an effective measure to prevent epidemics, reduce mortality, and improve the efficiency of livestock breeding. Among them, fumigation disinfection is the most commonly used effective disinfection method for livestock houses. Environmental disinfection The surrounding environment of the livestock house shall be disinfected with 2% caustic soda or scattered with quicklime once every 2 to 3 weeks; the sewage tanks, defecation pits and sewer outlets around the farm and on the farm shall be disinfected with bleaching powder once a month. The disinfection tank at the gate and the entrance of the pig house should be replaced regularly.
Pig house disinfection After each batch of commercial animals is transferred out, the house must be thoroughly cleaned, rinsed with a high-pressure water gun, and then spray disinfected or fumigated. The next batch of new animals can be purchased at an interval of 5 to 7 days.
The fumigation and disinfection of pig farm equipment mainly uses formalin to react with potassium permanganate to produce formaldehyde gas, which diffuses the entire space of the poultry house and kills pathogenic microorganisms after a certain period of time. Disinfection of utensils Periodically sterilize the incubator, feed tank, feed cart, feed box, needle tube, etc., use 0.1% neogermide or 0.2% to 0.5% peracetic acid for disinfection, and then perform fumigation in a closed room.
Sterilization of carrying animals Regular disinfection of carrying animals will help reduce pathogenic microorganisms in the environment. Disinfectants that can be used for disinfection of livestock are: 0.1% promethazine, 0.3% peroxyacetic acid, and 0.1% sodium hypooxygen.
The biggest advantage of fumigation and disinfection is that the fumigation drugs can be evenly distributed to all corners of the poultry house, so as to achieve the purpose of complete and thorough disinfection. This method is especially suitable for the disinfection of polluted air in poultry houses, but the following points should be paid attention to when using formalin and potassium permanganate to fumigate and disinfect poultry houses:
1. The higher the formaldehyde gas content of the pig raising equipment to be sealed during disinfection, the better the disinfection effect. Before fumigating and disinfecting the poultry house, the airtightness of the poultry house must be checked. If there is a gap, use plastic cloth, newspaper or tape to seal it tightly to prevent air leakage and affect the disinfection effect.
2. The container for storing the medicine should be corrosion-resistant. Both potassium permanganate and formalin are corrosive. After mixing, the reaction is violent and releases heat. Generally, it can last for 10 to 30 minutes. Therefore, the container for the medicine should be large enough and corrosion-resistant.
3. In conjunction with other disinfection methods, formaldehyde can only disinfect the surface of objects, so the poultry house should be mechanically removed and spray disinfected before fumigation.
4. The temperature and humidity should be suitable for fumigation and disinfection of poultry houses by the reaction of formalin and potassium permanganate, and the livestock and poultry manure should be transported to the manure storage yard far away from the site and unified in the hardened cement pool. After accumulation and fermentation, sell or use. The surrounding area of the manure storage yard should also be disinfected regularly, which can be disinfected with 2% caustic soda or quicklime.
5. Disinfection of the sick carcass After the death of livestock and poultry, they must be deeply buried and incinerated. At the same time, immediately thoroughly disinfect their original pens, isolated breeding areas and other places to prevent the spread of the disease.
6. Generally, the room temperature should not be lower than 18℃, and the relative humidity should be 60%~80%, not lower than 60%. When the house temperature is 26℃ and the relative humidity is above 80%, the fumigation and disinfection effect is best.
Perhaps you are also interested in the following questions. If you want to know more details, please consult online: